Hi there, I'm Mike Bifulco. I live in Charlotte, North Carolina, where I work as the CTO and co-founder of Craftwork. I'm also a developer advocate, writer, podcaster and serial startup founder. In the past I've worked for Google, Stripe, Microsoft, and Gymnasium. I'm cofounder of APIs You Won't Hate, a community for API Developers on the web. Mike's publishes a weekly newsletter for product builders called Tiny Improvements at mikebifulco.com/newsletter.
I'm driven by a desire to use my skills and privilege to help other people, and I love building exceptional experiences in unexpected places.
I believe in the power of critical thought and the scientific process, as well as the concept that all people deserve fair and equitable access to all things. I am aware of my limitations and privilege, and am always open to listening to other perspectives. I also think that technology and design have the potential to benefit all aspects of our lives, and I try to maintain a sense of humor throughout it all.
Find my work online
- 💌 Tiny Improvements, my newsletter for product builders.
- I publish technical tutorials and editorials sharing my perspective on life at mikebifulco.com
- Articles & books @ apisyouwonthate.com
- @mikebifulco on YouTube - Livestreams of me building software, and in-depth tech tutorials, as well as short-form tips (60s or less).
- @irreverentmike on TikTok - I post tech tips, cycling journals, and videos about making espresso at home.
- @irreverentmike on Twitch - Occasional livestreams of me working on tech projects, or playing music for friends & family.
- Tiny Improvements - Short form audio essays (10m or less) where I share my philosophy on being a developer and living a meaningful life.
- Software Engineering Daily - I am one of several hosts on this show, which is 1:1 Interviews with high-profile engineering leaders from across the industry.
- APIs You Won't Hate - I chat with my API-building pal Phil Sturgeon about designing, developing, and using APIs, climate responsibility, and cycling.
Even more on Polywork
- I keep a regularly updated list of highlights, opportunities, and job experience on my profile on Polywork: https://poly.me/irreverentmike
Other places to find me online
- @irreverentmike at hachyderm.io on Mastodon
- @irreverentmike on Instagram
- @mbifulco on GitHub
- /in/mbifulco on LinkedIn
- ~@irreverentmike on Twitter~ see my article Twitter & the perils of Obedience for more on why I left Twitter.
Work and opinions expressed here are my own, and not those of my employer, my cats, or anyone else.
Podcasts, keynotes, conventions, workshops, mentorship
Drop me a line at email@example.com if you'd like to get in touch.